About Region Dalarna
With almost 9 000 employees, Region Dalarna is the largest and most important employer in Dalarna. Region Dalarna is a public organisation with responsibility for public healthcare, public dental care, public transport and independent adult education colleges in the region. Region Dalarna also work work in the fields of infrastructure, business development, research and culture.
Fun facts about Region Dalarna
- Size wise Region Dalarna is Swedens fourth largest region covering 6 percent of Swedens land area. This makes Dalarna as big as Belgium!
- Dalarna is home to 3 percent of Swedens population
- Region Dalarna is the countys largest employer
- Falu Hospital is the largest workplace in the county with approximately 3600 employees
- In Dalarna, every fifth employee works in the public health care sector!