Professionally active cultural workers and young cultural practitioners aged 16-25 can apply for Region Dalarna’s cultural scholarship. Every year, we grant a total of six cultural scholarships: two to professionally active and four to young cultural practitioners.
The cultural scholarships are intended to support and encourage good activities in the cultural field. Applicants must live or work in the county or have some form of tie to Dalarna. The scholarships can be awarded to a person or a group. The recipients are notified after the decision by the Cultural and Formative Education Committee in the month of October.
For the professionally active
If you are a professionally active cultural worker, you can apply for the cultural scholarships for the professionally active. We award two scholarships of SEK 50,000 every year.
For young people
If you are 16 to 25 years of age, you can apply for the cultural scholarships for young people. You can apply for support in any cultural area. Young practitioners can also apply. We award four scholarships of SEK 10,000 every year.
Apply for the cultural scholarship through our database during the period 15 May-15 June. Provide your personal ID number, information on your training or education and describe your activities. You also submit references and upload a portfolio or examples of what you do here.
If you are applying for the scholarship for young people, we request that you write to us and tell us who you are, what you do and are passionate about and what you want to do with the scholarship money.
How to apply
You apply for a cultural scholarship through our database.
- Register as a user. A password will be sent to your e-mail address.
- Log into the database with e-mail and password. You will come to Your Pages.
- Choose what scholarship you want to apply for.
- Complete the form. Fields marked with a red asterisk must be completed.
- Save your application with the button at the bottom.
- You can continue writing and saving your application at any time. When you are completely done, click on Send in the application.
- A confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address.
If you need to send in materials that cannot be uploaded in the database, you can use this address: Region Dalarna Box 712 791 29 Falun or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the envelope with information on which scholarship you are applying for.